Join our Mentor Team!
Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Burbank Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our upcoming training groups. The FFSB Mentor Team is a passionate group that plays an important role: ensuring our training program participants have a great experience while reaching their goals!
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Burbank. Mentors attend group workouts throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- Offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- Promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- Keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- Running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- Educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- Calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has trained with Fleet Feet Sports at least 2x prior to applying
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired training program distance
- Able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts, as well as Mentor training
- Will relay critical information, suggestions, and concerns to the Head Coach and/or Stephanie
- Willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Must carry hydration and wear proper visibility gear
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to represent Fleet Feet Sports Burbank and the store's mission
Distances you can mentor for:
- Warm, fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking journey
- Special Mentor Discount and gear
- Post-training program party!
Program Start: Ongoing
Description: Mentors play an important role in ensuring that our training program participants have a great experience. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Burbank Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our upcoming training groups.